Monday, October 27, 2008

Why?

"BECAUSE I'M YOUR MOM AND I SAID SO!"
Tonight I uttered these words. Okay, I didn't utter... it was more like a really loud whisper. I think this phrase comes out when your kids have totally worn you down and exasperated you. Your mind shuts off and you really can't think of an answer. I think I need to pull out my 'Love and Logic" workbook and study!
This comment is right up there with-
If you don't xxxx I will stop this car right now... (and then what?)
Just wait until your dad finds out...
As long as you live under my roof... (I will always sound crazy)
It's funny how these phrases are passed from parent to child, parent to child. They really have no power because if you think about it they are rather silly statements.
When I was a teenager I came up with a theory....parents had kids so they didn't have to do any chores. Now as an parent, I realize that this statement is totally TRUE! Just kidding...but not really....ha ha!
I am getting tired and rambling so I should go to bed....hey that is what started this post to begin with!
Kylie: "Why do I have to go to bed?"
Me: " Because I'm the mom and I said so!"

No comments: