Saturday, October 4, 2008

CALIENTE!!!!!

I picked all my jalapeno peppers that were in my sad little garden. I got about 25. I made 3 batches of homemade salsa and instead of chopping it in chunks I blended it. I am trying an experiment to see if it will freeze well that way. After that I decided to cut up the peppers and freeze them in baggies. About 3 peppers in, me and all the kids started hacking up a storm! Every time I took a breath in, my lungs were burning. I had to hold my breath while chopping, to finish the rest. My eyes and nose were running like crazy. I got them on a cookie sheet and am freezing them before putting them in bags. Even after I cleaned off the counters and washed everything, we are all still coughing. I have scrubbed my hands like 10 times and they still have pepper oil on them. In addition to making more frozen sandwiches, we are going to try out another great idea. Making waffles and pancakes and freezing 2 in a baggie. It will be a nice alternative to cereal for the kids. They can just pull them out and warm them in the toaster or microwave.
I love rainy days because I get so much done!

3 comments:

Cami said...

I do pancakes and waffles sometimes...I need to do better. My kids love them. Right now they are on an eggs and toast kick!

Unknown said...

Girl you are crazy! YOu are seriously the SUPER WOMEN!

Unknown said...

Thats funny. Let me know how your salsa turns out. We do pancakes, french toast, and even english muffins with egg. It is great even for me!